Relevance of the topic. The efficiency of power plants equipped with internal combustion engines (ICE), in most cases, depends on the correct operation of the cooling system, which is determined by the technical condition of the nodes of this system and the possibility of maintaining the thermal mode during of the ICE operation.
One of the most heat-loaded components of the system is the radiator, the failure of which will lead to overheating of the engine, which will lead to increased wear of the elements of the cylinder-piston group and premature failure of the engine.
Therefore, the theoretical justification and development of practical measures to ensure its effective operation without significantly increasing the power costs for the operation of the cooling system are currently relevant. Thus, there is a real scientific contradiction, consisting in the need to improve the efficiency of the working cycle, power and economy.
In addition to the above, the trend of increasing the efficiency of reciprocating power plants is embodied, and the proposed solution will allow using the cooling system not only for its intended purpose, but also for generating electricity.
The purpose of this work is to increase the efficiency of the internal combustion engine operation by improving the cooling system.
Hypothesis of the work: installation of a thermoelectric radiator in place of the standard one with the possibility of generating electricity through thermoelectric generator modules and the intensity of the coolant flow will allow to stabilize the thermal state of the internal combustion engine under various operating conditions.
To achieve this goal on the basis of the proposed hypothesis, the following tasks were set:
1. To analyze the influence of natural and climatic conditions and operating modes of the internal combustion engine on its thermal state, power and economic indicators.
2. Theoretically justify the design solution and create a cooling system for the internal combustion engine with the ability to generate electricity, operating in difficult natural and climatic conditions and at different modes.
3. Experimentally evaluate the efficiency of the cooling system of an internal combustion engine with the ability to generate electricity, operating in different conditions.
4. To perform technical and economic assessment of the proposed system for stabilizing the thermal state of the internal combustion engine with the possibility of generating electricity.
5. To develop recommendations for the use of an internal combustion engine cooling system with the ability to generate electricity.
The object of the study is the heat exchange process of the radiator during operation of the internal combustion engine.
The subject of the study is the regularities of changes in the heat transfer of the radiator during operation of the internal combustion engine.
The validity and reliability of the results is confirmed by the necessary volume of experiments, the use of a modern set of informative and objective research methods, the selection of modern measuring equipment, its systematic verification and control of errors, the implementation of the recommendations of the relevant test standards and correct statistical processing of experimental data using a computer. Scientific statements, conclusions and practical recommendations are based on the results obtained during the experiments.
Methods and methodological basis of the study. To implement the tasks and achieve the goal, we use theoretical and experimental methods, the main provisions of the theory of heat engines, classical thermodynamics and the theory of heat and mass transfer, the method of graphic and statistical processing of experimental data, the method of analysis and generalization of scientific and special literature.
1) Theoretical justification and the created cooling system of the internal combustion engine operating in difficult climatic conditions and at various modes.
2) The results of evaluating the efficiency of the cooling system of an internal combustion engine operating under various conditions were obtained.
3) Scientifically-based recommendations for using the results obtained on samples are offered.
The practical value of the work consists in the implementation of the main scientific results in the creation and research of a cooling system for an internal combustion engine operating in various conditions that allow to solve the following problems:
1) To ensure the stable operation of the internal combustion engine with the ability to generate electricity;
2) To improve the energy and economic performance of the internal combustion engine.
The novelty of the proposed technical solutions is confirmed by two patents for a utility model of the Russian Federation.
The results of the study can be used in the creation of new and modernization of existing internal combustion engines, in research and development, as well as in the educational process.
GOST R 52517-2005 (ISO 3046-1: 2002) Piston internal combustion engines. Characteristics. Part 1. Standard initial conditions, declaration of power, fuel consumption and lubricating oil. Test methods. Enter 01/01/2007: Standartinform, 2006.35 p.
V.N. Klimenko. Cogeneration systems with heat engines // Reference manual. Kiev. 2008. 559 p.
Schegolkov, A.V. The methodology of experimental studies of electro-thermal processes of internal combustion engines / A.V. Schegolkov // Improving the efficiency of resource use in agricultural production: Sat. scientific doc. XIV Int. scientific-practical conf. - Tambov: GNU VIITiN, 2007. - Part 2. - P. 55 - 57.